Sunday, October 17, 2010

mushroom bag
















I saw a bag similiar to this on Etsy and thought I would give it a try. The picture is made from wool felt. The bag is made from a black jersey I bought at a garage sale ages ago - the lady gave me about 6m of it for $1!! The pink is a retro acrylic blend that my friend Rosemary gave me along with some other fabrics she had for her nieces - apparently it had been sitting in her garage for years so I was fortunate enough to inherit a lot of assorted fabrics. They have been great for practicing.

So how many bags does one need? There is no true answer to that question!! I am making so many as I dream of a day of making a whole lot of them and having my own stall at a market - so trying to find out which type is sellable and cost effective hmmmmmm.......

Like the idea of a picture on the bag but will try my hand at some robots, space ships, butterflies, etc... any other suggestions??? Maybe a rainbow, a monkey.....

1 comment:

  1. That's a cute bag. I would like to make more bags but I am kind of stuck with something else at the moment. Too many orders from Ellie!!! :D

    ReplyDelete